KA ANNUAL SCHOOL REPORTS
- In 2017, KA is proud to partner with the XQ Super School Project, selected as a participant in the Inside Out Project, led by the 2011 Ted Prize Winner.
- KA is proud to partner with New Vision, Inc., selected as a 2017 21st Community Learning Center, providing after school enrichment programs for our Tigers!
- KA is a proud member of the 2017 National Children's Wellbeing Change Team, selected by Ashoka Changemakers and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
- KA is a proud recipient of the 2017 LRNG Educator Innovator Award, selected by the National Writing Project and the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation.
- KA is a 2016 NEXT AWARDS Winner for Social Enterprise and Sustainability. Selected by the Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce
- KA is an Ashoka Changemaker School, and member of the nation’s leading organization for community transformation through entrepreneurship (June 2016). http://www.ashoka.org
- KA is the only Tennessee school to receive a 3 year planning and implementation grant from the U.S. Department of Education, focused on personalized learning and leadership. http://www2.ed.gov/programs/charternonsea/awards.html
KA was selected by the Tennessee Department of Education to join the 2016 - 2017 Tennessee Teacher Leader Network.(August 2016).http://www.tn.gov/education/news/44254?mc_cid=a9ee594f1f&mc_eid=bd630804ac
- KA is the only school in Tennessee that is a member of the Summit Basecamp Personalized Learning initiative, in partnership with Facebook (August 2016). http://summitbasecamp.org/our-schools/
- KA is the only public school selected as a member of the national LRNG cohort 1.0, focused on building new ecosystems for learning, in partnership with the MacArthur Foundation (August 2016). http://about.lrng.org/cities-organizations/
- KA is recognized as a National K-12 Breakthrough Model for College by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, http://nextgenlearning.org/grantee/knowledge-academies-inc.
Diversity. For the second consecutive year, in a row, Knowledge Academies is the only public charter school network to meet all major- and sub- categories of diversity for students and staff in Nashville, Tennessee, as measured by the Annual Diversity Report of Metro Nashville Public Schools (2015 - 2016) [Race, Ethnicity, Income, Language, and Disability].
- Family Voice. The voice of our parents, on the achievement gap, are being celebrated throughout Nashville, in partnership with Project Renaissance. http://projectrenaissancenashville.org/parent-voices-on-achievement-gap/.
- Innovation. The KA team was selected as one of twelve school innovation designs selected for the MindTrustCharter School Innovation Summit onTuesday April 5th, featuring two-time Pulitzer Prize Winner and Presidential Medal of Freedom Recipient,David McCullough.
- Partnerships. KA and our community partner, Cavalary Logsitics, were highlighted by News Channel 5 as an example for the Nashville business community. http://www.newschannel5.com/news/antioch-business-partners-with-charter-school.